North-West News Group is a modern media company which delivers news and business marketing solutions across several print and digital platforms. In addition to publishing eight weekly titles across Tyrone, Fermanagh and Donegal, the company also owns and operates Kaizen Print Ltd, a specialised digital printing and branding business which serves the needs of clients across the island of Ireland.
(Fulltime, 1 year contract with possible extension)
We are seeking a Page Designer with ambition who is keen to develop their experience within our Company. This is an important role within the company and requires a confident team player who will contribute positively to the growth of our business.
- Previous operational experience of page planning, page make-up and finalising pages for print.
- Competent in media related IT systems with proven experience on inDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Quark Xpress.
- Proven ability to plan and organise multiple tasks
- Ability to work to tight weekly deadline
- Full clean driving licence
- Experience of Miles 33 editorial system
- Previous experience of working in a regional newspaper office/multi-media business.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Design pages, sub-edit text where necessary, monitor use and quality of photographs and recommend design decisions / solutions in accordance with agreed house design style, style guides and editorial guidelines.
- Work closely with editorial, advertising and creative design departments to ensure high quality and smooth production of all our products, including any external work for third party clients
- Continually review production and design of pages of all titles
- Monitor the quality of your own work to maintain the highest standards at all times.
- Work closely with editors, reporters, advertising and marketing personnel on ideas generation.
- Ensure that all print and design work is produced at the highest possible design standard in the time allocated to meet the needs of the editorial and sales departments.
- Ensure that all work is free from error and that quality checks are adhered to.
- Ensure that all activities in the department are in accordance with statutory requirements and the Company’s Health and Safety Policy Arrangements.
Generous terms of employment apply including annual pay review, hybrid work model and career growth in a modern, innovative multi-media company.
To apply, email your CV to Human Resources by 4pm Friday 21st October 2022.
14 John Street, Omagh, Co. Tyrone, BT78 1DW.
We are an equal opportunities employer.