LW Surphlis and Sons


About Lw Surphlis
Welcome to LW Surphlis. Established in 1948 by Lowry Surphlis in era of post war austerity when not only food, but farm machinery and building materials were in short supply. Today the family firm continues under the management of Maurice Surphlis in a much expanded way from those early days in the late forties and fifties, when trading only consisted of a grocery shop and a sub Post Office. Maurice has extended the business over the years. In 1987 by installing bulk bins for the storage of Dairy , Beef and Sheep nuts and a weigh bridge to allow customers to collect bulk feed at a cheaper price. A new warehouse for the manufacture of farm buildings was also erected at this time. Due to the demand from farmers a new meal store was erected in 1989 and a mixer wagon installed to mix straights, as agriculture was expanding and stock numbers were increasing rapidly we felt the need to provide feed at a much increased rate. Further renovations were completed in 1997 when the Hardware store was extensively refurbished and a new office accommodation block was built incorporating a fully computerised system throughout the building. There is now an additional 33,000 square feet of bulk storage space, for straights and the installation of mixing plant allow us to give our customers a further choice in products and services. We stock an extensive range of fertilisers: Gouldings and Yara. We also deliver Thompson’s, Fane Valley and Corby Rock dairy, beef, calf and sheep nuts. With our own transport we collect the quality assured compound feeds and deliver direct to farm.